We are excited about our 2019 Christmas Offering! Each year, those who attend Cornerstone Community Church have made it our mission to honor the gift God gave us in the birth of Jesus by beginning our gift-giving at Christmas with a gift to Him. This simple idea has become what is known as our annual Christmas Offering. In the past, we have used this offering to support local ministries, to help us purchase our building, and to establish our Engage Fund which we use for missions throughout the year.
Since 2011, we have collected over $150,000 through our Christmas Offering!!!! Our normal missions giving as part of our budget has been over $240,000 in that same time period. Cornerstone is a generous church that believes in giving back and making a difference in our community.
This year, the first $8000 of our Christmas Offering is again going to be used to provide funding for our Engage Fund. Here’s just a small sampling of what we have accomplished over the past few years with our Engage Fund.
- We have hosted special outreach events like Riseup Easter event, Night in Bethlehem, National Day of Prayer, Holy Week, 4th of July Parade, and a First Responders meal
- We have supported local school events (STPO, after-prom events, Baccalaureate Service, food for See You at the Pole, and provided school supplies for students in need)
- We purchased an entire projector system for Pastor Training in Nicaragua
- We have assembled several Samaritan’s Purse Disaster Relief Trips from Cornerstone
- We have provided Bible study materials for the soup kitchen
- We support our local Missionaries from our church
- We have done many local construction projects including both porch and roof repairs
- We have provided extra support for local ministries in need
- Just recently, we provided funding for a motorcycle for Nicaragua and Worship CD’s to help a local church
This fund enables us to respond when there is a need, and your generosity enables us to help.
We are also working on our new Cornerstone Outreach and Youth Center. This building will be a hub of connection for our community. Any amounts above and beyond the first $8000 for the Christmas Offering will go to help us complete this center. We have several projects, including several outside social areas that will be delayed until we have the funding to do them. Here is a conceptual rendering giving you a glimpse of what to expect.
We are excited about our future at Cornerstone. We have experienced the highest giving this year in our church’s history, and God continues to bless families and individuals whose lives are changed by the power of the Gospel. Will you partner with us to reach this community for Christ? Join us at Cornerstone and let’s continue to make world-changing disciples.
To give to our Christmas Offering, you can use a special Christmas Offering envelope at church, or you can give online by clicking here. You can also give by using the Tithely mobile app and choosing Cornerstone Community Church in Galax. Just select the Christmas Offering and choose your amount. It’s that easy! We’ll be sharing more details at church, so come and join us and learn more.