We believe we can accomplish more when we partner together, so this isn’t something we take lightly. Becoming a member at Cornerstone means that you are becoming a part of our spiritual family and joining us on the most important and exciting journey you will ever take. As a member, you’re making three commitments:
- There’s a commitment to God. You’re affirming that you are indeed a Christian who is desiring to follow Jesus, and you’ve been baptized to publicly show your allegiance to Him.
- You’re committed to the mission and vision of Cornerstone. You understand that we are called to make disciples, and that it starts with you. Our responsibility as a church is to equip you and partner with you. You are also familiar with our experience, equip, engage strategy. We also encourage you to serve and support the church.
- You are committed to growing in your faith. No matter how long you’ve been a Christian, there are still steps you can take to become more like Christ. As a member, you’re acknowledging that you’re taking an active role in the discipleship process- through participation in a LifeGroup, through relationships with other believers, and through personal, spiritual disciplines.
- Complete the membership class (check our upcoming events page for the next class. We offer the membership class each month)
- Submit a signed membership form, affirming that you have been saved, that you have been baptized as a believer, and that you agree to abide by our membership covenant
- An elder will contact you to followup and answer any questions
- You will receive an email with instructions on entering the rest of your contact information
- You will be assigned one of the elders that will be there to help provide care and support for your family
- Your picture can be taken or you can upload your own individual and family picture to our church directory
Our Membership Covenant
We the elders of Cornerstone covenant:
- To have elders that meet the qualifications described in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3:1-13 ; Titus 1:5-9 ; 1 Peter 5:1-4 ).
- To continually and prayerfully seek God’s guidance for Cornerstone, and to steward the resources entrusted to the church to the best of our abilities (Acts 20:28 ; 1 Peter 5:1-4 ).
- To care for the church and seek her growth in grace, truth, and love (Matthew 28:16-20 ; Ephesians 4:15-16 Colossians 1:28 ; James 5:14 ; 1 Peter 5:1-4 ).
- To provide teaching and counsel from the entirety of Scripture (Acts 20:27-28 ; 1 Timothy 4:16 ; 2 Timothy 4:1-5 ; Titus 2:1 ).
- To equip the members of the church for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16 ).
- To be on guard against false teachers and false teachings (Matthew 7:15 ; Acts 20:28-31 ; 1 Timothy 1:3-7 ; 1 John 4:1 ).
- To lovingly exercise church discipline when necessary, for the glory of God, for the good of the one disciplined, and for the health of the church as a whole (Matthew 18:15-20 ; 1 Corinthians 5; Galatians 6:1 ; James 5:19-20 ).
- To set an example by joining the members in fulfilling the obligations of church membership stated below (Philippians 3:17 ; 1 Timothy 4:12 ; Titus 2:7-8 ; 1 Peter 5:3 ).
We the members of Cornerstone covenant to the following:
1. I will protect the unity of my church.
- by acting in love toward other members
- by refusing to gossip
- by living my life under the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- By submitting myself to the leadership of the church
2. I will share the responsibility of my church.
- by praying for its ministry, its leaders, and its members
- by making personal evangelism & discipleship a priority
- by warmly welcoming those who visit
3. I will serve the ministry of my church.
- by pursuing ongoing spiritual growth
- by discovering my gifts and talents
- by being equipped to serve
- by developing a servant’s heart
4. I will support the testimony of my church.
- by attending faithfully
- by living a Godly life
- by giving of my time and resources regularly