Week 5: The Invisible Enemy – Faith in the Midst of Fear
Sermon Title: Listening to the Truth
Passage: 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
In our world today, it’s hard to know who to believe and who to trust. We must learn to listen to the truth. In 2 Thessalonians, the Apostle Paul encourages us to remember the facts of Christ’s return, so that we won’t be misled by false teachers.
- Although there has always been evil in the world, just before Christ returns it will grow even worse.
- 1) There will be a great falling away
- 2) The Antichrist will rise to power
- 3) The evil will no longer be restrained
- In our world today, we see the spirit of the Antichrist
- We can stand firm in our faith knowing that Jesus is coming back to judge all evil