As we get ready for our February Community Meal next week (it’s Wednesday, February 24th) I thought it would be helpful to post some details to help everyone know how they can be involved.We will be serving a drive-up, take-out meal.
On the menu for this month is baked Spaghetti and sides to go with it. We need your kitchen skills!
We need pans of baked spaghetti that we will cut into pieces and package to go.
Here is a basic recipe for baked spaghetti, but you can add your own flair. You can even make lasagna if that’s your claim to fame.
We would prefer pans of baked spaghetti over spaghetti and sauce in a crockpot but we will take whatever you throw at us. Actually, throwing spaghetti is discouraged, unless it’s at the wall to test to see if it’s done.
Makes one 9 x 13 pan (you can double it for a large disposable roasting pan)
1 lb of spaghetti ( cooked – follow package directions and don’t overcook. You want them al dente – a fancy word for a little firm) It actually mean, “to the tooth” so you want to feel it with your teeth – not mushy.
2 – 24 ounce jars of spaghetti sauce1 lb of ground beef (or Italian sausage) – crumbled and cooked
1 16 oz bag of mozzarella cheese
- Add the sauce to the pan with the cooked meat. No need to heat it because you are going to be baking it
- Lightly grease a casserole dish and add half of the spaghetti noodles
- Top with half the sauce and half the cheese
- Add the rest of the noodles and repeat with sauce and end with cheese
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or you can bring it ahead of time unbaked. If you bring it after 4pm on Wednesday please bring it baked. We can warm it up if needed.
How to deliver:
Unbaked casseroles can be dropped off to Center 2:42 at the following times
Tuesday, February 23rd between 9am and 2pm or between 6pm – 8pm
Wednesday, February 24th from 10am – Noon or after 3pm until meal time at 5pm.
If you bring your casserole closer to 5pm please bring it hot.
You can sign up here to bring baked spaghetti, drinks , desserts and to serve.