When we announced our goal of $35,000 for the Christmas Offering this year, we felt it was a big stretch for our church. But as always, God proved his faithfulness, and God’s people rose to the occasion. We are excited to announce that so far, our total for the 2018 Christmas Offering is …
This also doesn’t include the pledges for 2019, so we not only met our goal, we exceeded our goal! We want to thank you for your faithfulness and generosity. We now have the opportunity to purchase the former Blevins building and lot located adjacent to our rear parking lot. This property includes the land where our children’s playground is.
Some of the potential uses for the new Cornerstone Outreach Center will be:
- A gathering place for church and community events: Although we have a community room in our current facility, it is small and quite often overcrowded for events. This new facility could actually seat over 200 people for meals and events.
- Fellowship Hall & Kitchen Area: If you have ever been to one of our community meals, you know how much we could use the extra space. The larger space would also allow us better ministry opportunities to coincide with the events since we could then get everyone in the room (rather than staggered over a couple hours’ time).
- Youth Meeting Area: Currently our youth meet in the Worship Center upstairs. The new building would give them an area that is more appropriate for games, meals, and teaching.
- Concerts and Special Events: Having additional space would open up the possibility of doing many more community outreach events.
- Soup Kitchen Possibility: We are also currently discussing the possibility of God’s Storehouse Soup Kitchen using our building for their weekly meals. This would be an incredible outreach opportunity and the space will be much larger and nicer than their current facilities, again, allowing the opportunity for ministry to coincide with the meal-time.
Thank you for supporting the ministry of Cornerstone. If you are interested in helping prepare the building for use, please let one of the Cornerstone Elders or Administrative Team know.