Hi Cornerstone, 😊
Did you know that when you help us by giving towards the needs of the people in Nicaragua, you’re actually doing it for Jesus? Seriously, he said so himself!
Matthew 25:34-45 “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”
We leave for Nicaragua on June 30, but before that, on Tuesday, June 19, we will have a packing party to prepare all the ministry items and giveaways we’ll be taking. We typically take around 15-18 duffel bags full of toys, clothing, hats, coloring books, and fun stuff to distribute among the schools and villages once we get there. But we need your help!
This Sunday, June 17, we’re asking that YOU help the mission trip to Nicaragua by bringing any of the following items to church with you. (You can drop items by the church between now and Tuesday the 19). The items we’ve seen that are the easiest to transport and take with us are in the list below, but if you have other items you think might be good, email me ([email protected]rstone.org) and I’ll get right back to you. Note that new items are the best, but gently used can be taken as well. And as for clothing, please no winter items – the coldest day of the year there is still a balmy 95 degrees!
- Money: we’ll use your monetary gift to purchase items to take with us – be sure to mark the envelope NICA GIFTS
- Zip-lock baggies (small and quart-sized)
- Baseball caps
- Plastic bowls and/or cups
- Crayons and coloring books
- Hot Wheels
- Water balloons
- Nail polish
- Temporary tattoos (for children)
- Hair Bows, costume jewelry and such for the girls of all ages
- Toys for all ages (small, compact is best)
- Balls (soccer, baseball, whiffle ball, etc.)
- Small containers of Play-Doh or children’s modeling clay
- Flip flops, sandals, rubber cleats (children’s sizes and adults under size 10 – they have smaller feet than me!)
- Underwear for all sizes including women’s bras
- Summer clothing, shorts, swim suits (nothing too revealing please)
Thanks for your help – we know you’ll join with us to make this another great ministry effort!
The Cornerstone Nicaragua Mission Team